Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wise Wednesdays

I want Wednesdays to be a time for me to reflect on my week thus far. I don't often sit and think about how my journey is going overall, so I think this should be a good opportunity for me to figure out what I'm doing well and how I could improve.

This week I've been horrible. I haven't been measuring, I've been having bites and tastes of everything, and it is so unlike me. It started with Saturday night, where I saved up my entire 35 WPs to go out for dinner and because we were having a birthday party for Tyler after. That's 59 points for the day, and although I don't think I went over, I don't know for sure because I wasn't properly keeping track (mistake #1). Now, because I weigh myself every day, I was up 1.6 pounds the next morning. Usually, I would logically think about this, and reason that it was because I ate SO much food! Unfortunately, I was also hung over, tired, and cranky, and it put me in a foul mood. Extra foul mood = not properly tracking (mistake #2). So, I've been up and down, and have lost interest (and self-control) over the week. Today, I'm going to be extra careful with my measuring, only eat the points I have, and go for a long walk to hopefully make back some of those extra points I've been sneaking. I have 2 days before my Friday WI, and I would really like to see at least a marginal loss.

"Just because you trip on a stair, doesn't mean you should throw yourself down the whole flight."

Wednesday and Thursday goals:
1. Measure everything. Yes, this includes ketchup.
2. Track everything. Yes, this includes ketchup.
3. Don't let my moods get in the way of my weight loss. Remember that in the grand scheme of things, a loss is a loss.

3 comments:

  1. Those are great goals. I need to get stricter with counting things like ketchup too.

    I like the "Wise Wednesdays" idea, I will definitely be looking out for these posts :)

    Good luck for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I never thought about tracking Ketchup! Rats! All this time....I probably eat 1 point a day in Ketchip alone :(
    I've certainly been in the hung over and cranky mood before, usually its harder for me to control myself when I'm like that. Thank you for your motivational post, happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of weekly reflection and can certainly relate to the issues that come with the grumps! Although I don't like Ketchup - I do need to get my Frank's Hot Sauce addiction under control!

    ReplyDelete