Thursday, March 11, 2010

Exciting New Spreadsheet Feature!

Ok, so it's not actually a feature that Excel *gives* you, but I've started to track my BMI along with my weight in my spreadsheet. Although I'm now in law school, my undergrad was in Engineering Physics, and math and science were my first true loves. An excuse to use another equation and study more numbers? I'll take it!

Here's the formula in case you're interested:
BMI = [(Weight in Pounds)/(Height in Inches x Height in Inches)] x 703

It turns out, my BMI was 34.0 when I started, and it's already down to 31.9! The obese range for BMI is over 30.0, and in order to be classified as just overweight, I'll have to get down to 175 pounds (first goal!). In order to have a healthy BMI (under 25.0), I'd have to get down to 145 pounds (second goal!).

I love looking at numbers!!!

1 comment:

  1. haha. I love excel too! I'm obsessed wtih my budget. My new favorite thing to track everything and anything is my iPod. I even have a water intake app. geeze!

    ReplyDelete