Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Measurements

For the first time ever, I'm tracking my measurements along with my weight loss. This is mostly due to the fact that I have to fit into my wedding dress on July 17th, and currently do not. I originally went shopping for dresses in Montreal with my mom and grandmother. I found a gorgeous (size 16 bridal) dress there, fell in love, and then couldn't find anything even remotely as nice in Ottawa. When I went to order the same dress in Ottawa just after Christmas, the lady who took my measurements told me that 'perhaps I had had too merry of a Christmas,' (yes, she actually said that!) and that there was no way I fit into a size 16. Ouch. I'm pretty sure I didn't gain 2 inches in my waist over Christmas, but how do you argue with the measurement book? Either way, she made me sign a release form saying that the dress I was about to order would not fit me at my current weight. So, it's my mission now to not only fit into that darn dress, but to have to take it in!

Here are the stats:
Size 16 dress: Hips 42.5; Waist 32.5; Bust 40.5
Me starting WW: Hips 43.5; Waist 34.5; Bust 41.5
Me as of last Friday: Hips 42.0; Waist 34.0; Bust 41.5

So, my hips will now fit! Really, it's the waist that's an issue, but it has a corset back, so I'm not too worried. Plus, I have 4 months to WeightWatch and work out!

Now, here are the goods (but imagine me a lot shorter and currently a lot wider):

5 comments:

  1. Hey there.. just stopped by after I saw your post on the WW boards.

    Are you in Ottawa too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! I am in Ottawa, yes!

    PS - we're having a get together on March 27th (tentatively) at my place for a potluck and a walk. You should join us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely dress! I bet you'll have to get it taken in :) 4 months is a long time!

    ReplyDelete