Tuesday, March 2, 2010

About Me!

Hi, I'm Ashley! I'm 24, and I live in Ottawa. I've struggled with weight my entire life, so I started this blog to share my weight loss experience with as many people as possible. I have a lot of big ideas, and I hope that I can help a few other people out. I'm hoping to share recipes, helpful links, and life lessons learned.

I've been big before, but never this big - about 3 weeks ago I weighed in at a whopping 198 pounds. This is partly a result of my diagnosis of polycystic ovarian disease (aka PCOS) which makes women gain weight uncontrollably, but mostly a result of my apparent inability to control my eating or care about my health. However, luckily, all of that is going to (and has started to) change!

I've decided to use the Weight Watchers system on my own to lose the weight. I've used WW before, and it has always worked for me. The plan is so simple - low calorie, low fat, high fibre. I got down to about 148 pounds when I was 19 - the lowest of my adult life. This time around, I'm on my own financially, so I won't be attending meetings and my menus have to reflect my student income. However, I'm so determined to do this! My wedding is coming up this July, and I'm almost finished law school - 2 very good reasons to lose the pooch!

I'm going to try to post my weekly weigh-ins and measurements. So far:
Feb 13: 198
Feb 19: 194
Feb 26: 189.8

Measurements to follow!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to following your blog and your journey!
    ps- I have PCOS too. I was diagnosed when I was 12 I think, it can be so hard to deal with sometimes but it's manageable for the most part.
    Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ashley!
    I love to links you posted, I didn't know they existed :) One blog I have found really inspirational is:
    http://msbitchcakes.blogspot.com/
    also I started a blog too you might want to check out:
    http://findingmybeauty-wavylove.blogspot.com/
    I'm looking forward to following your journey :)

    ReplyDelete